Friday, November 22, 2013

Better acces to information about irises

The new iris wiki

I have been planning to launch an Iris Wiki for about two years and now it's ready to be fed with plenty of information. I know, that the AIS already has a big, well-structured Wiki, but it was important to me to start up a German version. This German Iris Wiki shall by no means be a solo action to absent from other iris lovers around the world. It shall rather be a hub where every interested person can have a look on all the important information. When the work with irises attracted my interest, I sometimes had problems with getting at the right information. So I started thinking about how it would be possible for everybody to gain access to a large amount of expert knowledge. The simple solution is a database, but I know that I wouldn't be able to do it on my own so the Wiki seemed to be the perfect project. A Wiki is a php-based online database which is extended and controlled by all participants. If you are interested in any special aspect - create a new site, if you are looking for a picture - look for it in the wiki, if you want to introduce an own breeding - show it everybody by entering it into the Wiki....


I am going to provide a support, which shall simplify the work with the special wiki syntax. And if you still don't have the confidence to try creating a new site, you can always send me an email with the data that shall be entered into the Wiki.

And here it is:





No comments: